Saturday, May 7, 2011

tired and restless

What can I say. I fail at updating.

But summer has finally managed to come. The sun is out, the sky is blue, and construction is as invasive as ever. One of my favorite parts about summer is how everything just slows down and almost stops. It's like Time just decides to let you maximize everything, even (and especially) sleep. I forgot how much I missed sleep.

That being said, I've still managed to do a good job without it. Shaelynn and I have certainly hit this summer off to an unforgettable start. We have this talent for meeting complete strangers who happen to have exactly what we need. Kind of like the universe is just giving us free handouts to fate. We've made new friends, both young and old. The old have benefits like motorcycles and sick houses and equipment for jamming, and the young just happen to find us every night at two in the morning without even trying to. Not sure exactly what that will be good for, but at least I know where to find company should I want some :)

I still haven't been home yet. And that kills me. I don't mean to complain, provo is absolutely great and I love everything here, but it's not the ocean, the weather is not consistently 70 degrees and sunny, and my family isn't here. It took me leaving and never getting to come back to realize just how amazing my family truly is: my parents are supportive of whatever I decide to do, my brother and sisters always are there to the rescue no matter how stupid or serious the emergency, my nieces win. sorry but they do. Watching them all grow up and move on without me in their life on a consistent basis is tough. It's hard to accept that you aren't needed anymore, that people can move on without you and be okay. Especially when they are your little sister. Haley I am so proud of you, and I couldn't be a luckier sister. Honestly.

But even though I don't get to be there for her olympic swim meets, first date, prom, and all the other exciting things that are going on in her life, we are closer than ever and it is the greatest thing ever :) I don't know that she reads this, but if she does, hopefully this makes up for that one time my status update didn't have her name in it! I love you darling, you have my heart always and forever

so lets try this sleep thing maybe?




No comments:

Post a Comment